Here’s ingredients to my CNC machine. It’s a copy of fellow RC-hobbyist mill so big kudos to Kimmo K!
- Base: Carving CNC’s 6040 with S65 spindle adapter – no chinese electronics (google 6040 cnc)
- Stepper controlling: Sorotec’s DriveSet which is
- Leadshine M542 stepper motor controller
- Interface board
- 48V 320W 6,7A power supply
- Spindle motor: Chinese 1.5kW water cooled spindle + VFD inverter
Interface board features:
- Breakout board for up to four Stepping drives or UHU servo amlifiers
- one SUBD25 connector for LPT port cable
- for use with Mach3 or similar CNC software (not included)
- 4 RJ45 sockets for patch cables to Stepping drives or UHU(please order seperately)
- 4 inputs for home switches (mechanical or proximity switches), one e-stop input
- two relays for spindle and coolant motor
- watchdog (charge pump) avoids unexpected movements during booting
- analogue output 0..10V for variable frequency drive (spindel speed)
- Optional additional relay for Z axis holding brake
- suports current reduction and error signals of BEAST and UHU drives
- all in- and outputs buffered and filtered, high noise immunity
- 15 – 55V supply input
- 12V and 5V output for fan or external devices
T-slot nut is 13.8mm x 13.8mm, the T-slot is 8mm wide at minimum.
Spacing of T-slots is (from left side)40mm, 40mm, 80mm, 40mm, 80mm, 40mm, 80mm, 40mm
Table is 480mm wide.